Monday, March 12, 2012

Going Grey with Scrap-Creations: Ribbons & Pearls

Happy Tuesday....and yes,it is a very happy day! Why you ask is this Tuesday any different than any other Tuesday???? I'm on my very last spring break! I can't believe it, I am going to be graduating from nursing school in 8 weeks!  Honestly, 6 years ago when I first started taking classes part-time, it seemed as though I would never make it to nursing school, and then 2 years ago, when I started the nursing program, I couldn't invison the end, but today........I SEE THE LIGHT!!!!  I will finally be graduating from college and going to add two new letters to my name: Kristen Catalano R.N.  I really like how that looks :)  Now you see why it's a great day in my world?
  Not sure how the weather is where you are, but this week here in New Hampshire, it hit 70 degrees.....and I LOVE it, and because I am a complete beach bum, and haven't been in 6 months, I grabbed my Mom and we headed to Maine to the beach.  It was gorgeous, 63 degrees, no wind, and sunny. Before I left in the morning, the kids asked me if I was going to go swimming....UMMM NOOO, the water is freezing in the summer, never mind in March, but when I got there and took of my shoes, I couldn't help but put my feet in the water, and guess what....IT WAS FREEZING, a whopping 38 degrees......., but it was so nice to go to the beach and dig my toes in the sand.  In case I haven't told you, the beach is my favorite place on earth!
Here is a pic of my Mom getting her feet wet for the first time this year, and as you can see, she is saying yowzers!!!!  The water was really cold, but we had a great day!
Are you ready to find out about this weeks challenge?  This weeks we want to see your projects using ribbons and pearls.  I decided to go with a Easter card, using a image from Stamps of Life.  I went with clean and simple and this sweet easter bunny card will be heading to my super sweet Niece Rowan! WHo will you be sending your card to?
After checking out all the amazing entrys from last week, I narrowed it down to these TOP 3 St, Paddys day projects:

Allissa:
Kathy Curry:

Lisa S:

Fabulous cards ladies Please feel free to grab the I made TOP 3  banner on the bottom of my blog!
         Feast your eyes on the DT's amazing Pearls and Ribbon Creations.


Kim Howard

Jovita:
Peggy:

Weren't those fabulous? Don't be afraid to head to their blogs and leave them a little love. You will have until next Monday @ 6pm to get your card in for the challenge. We only allow 2 entry's per person. Also, we have new Blog Badges, please feel free to take one and post on your blog. I will be picking the top 3 next week, and I will award 3 people with the new top 3 badge! When posting to a gallery's, please use the key words GGSC105.....Have a great day and happy creating




9 comments:

Chris said...

How exciting for you to be near to getting your RN. I'm not very good with sick people so I am very impressed with people who are.

Allisa said...

Thanks so much for picking my card in the Top 3!

sparkling stamper said...

Congrats...getting thru nursing school is no small feat. Good luck with your boards! I enjoy your blog. I LOVE the beach, too, though I live inland now, I still miss it!

Michelle Quinno said...

Kristen, this is adorable! I can't believe you're almost done. Yay!! See you Sat.!

p.s. Small world - I know Allissa (top card) from a message board.

Sara said...

I don't see a linky thing, so heres my link:
http://luminousinmychaoticdreamslife.blogspot.com/2012/03/saturated-canary-easel-card.html

Sunshine said...

Some stunning cards from DT:) Great challenge!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card! Love your image and the papers. I'm so proud of you my friend and can't believe you will be a nurse in 8 weeks!!!

Dawn Frost said...

Only 8 more weeks,congratulations! Great cards DT, fantastic challenge, thanks!

susan said...

Lovely samples!