Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Born to Stand out!


   Happy Hump Day...I am so glad we have reached the half point in this week, as I feel as though it has been the longest week ever.  I'm not sure if it is the time change or the fact that it gets dark at 4:30 in the afternoon.  I sure do hate the winter and the older I get the worse the winter seems to me.  The only good part of the cold weather, is the fact that I am starting to "hibernate" for the winter (lol), and don't want to be outside as much, which allows me more time to create. Todays card was made for this weeks Stampotique Designers Challenge, which is being hosted by Arwen, and here is what she has to say about this weeks challenge:
"Artwork consist of many small details that make a whole.
This week I would like to see spotlights in your work.
Lift a detail of your artwork especially visible out."

I have to admit, this was a hard challenge for me.  I love to color and to leave part of my image white, kinda makes me crazy, but it is a challenge and a good one for me.  I used Smitten Moustache Monsters stamp, and a computer generated quote, which I thought was perfect for the spotlighting challenge.   I hope you will come join use for this weeks challenge and a chance at $30.00 in free product.  Have a great day!


10 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Hehe, this is so dang cute~

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Thank you for choosing my Bendi Fold Halloween Card for Top 3 in your last Challenge ~ I am so so happy.
Cheers
Annette

Basement Stamper said...

Adore that paper you have!

Kay Wallace said...

Great use of the spotlighting technique today, Kristen! It couldn't be more perfect with your great Dr. Seuss quote! Well done!

Claudine said...

Wonderful quote and I love the way you spotlighted each one. So cool

*Arwen* said...

Your card is perfect Kristen <3 I love how you set the spotlight.

xx Arwen

Sue said...

Such a fun card Kristen, and what ab composition xx

Kaz said...

This is gorgeous Kristen. I love your highlight placements. I hate it being dark so early too xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Love your card Kristen ! Great quote too !
Corrie x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, love your idea for this week's challenge!